Jul 28, 2014

4 Mission Street

     And so we come to the second installment in the 4 Mission Street Series. Today I'm showcasing the Craft Room. A room solely for my own enjoyment and creative endeavors. I don't think Gray will be letting me have a craft room quite so large in our next house, so I'm soaking it in now! I love the character in this room. There are so many unique features and with a large window and door, the wall space was fun to work with!
     The craft room is where I have our large gallery wall. I showed you how to put some prints on canvas in THIS POST. I am so happy with how it turned out, it adds so much color and life to the room!
     Some other features that have proved to be my favorite are the mirror over the faux fireplace. I found the mirror at a Habitat for Humanity Restore and painted the edges yellow to add some color. Its so large and the shape is so fun! The crates that hold my fabric were bought at A.C. Crafts, but I'm pretty sure Walmart was selling them too, and then painted with some left over paint from our last apartment. Screwing them into the wall was an interesting project and one Gray hopes never to repeat. Lets just say, that isn't drywall we were screwing into with our junior power tool. . .
     The couch in this room is really just for looks and for the dog. Since buying new furniture for our living room, Riggs has learned that certain pieces are off limits and so he has claimed what remains. I thought we had this settled until he decided to lay down on my new couch last week! Due to a series of events last week (which is a week that will go down as one of the worst in Riggin's life) he has lost his privilege to "stay out" while we are gone and instead is confined to the kitchen only. We can't risk other things being damaged so his freedom has been curbed. He's taken it pretty well considering there is only a thin rug on which to lay. Such is life Riggs, such is life.
     I've completed so many fun projects in this room and still have a many more to finish, especially before baby gets here. Next project; sewing crib sheets, I'll let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment