Jul 6, 2014

More sugar please!

     I've been in a serious baking mood lately. I attribute it to the fact that on Tuesday morning I had my gestational diabetes test and after fasting from sugar for the weekend and watching my carb intake, I was so ready for the good stuff! So on Tuesday I had ice cream for lunch and then made sugar cookies for dinner. On Wednesday I made old fashioned pancakes for breakfast. On Friday I made these delicious cake pancakes and had several chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Then yesterday evening I made this scrumptious Streusel Coffee Cake for this morning. If you aren't grossed out from all that sugary goodness, then you must be pregnant too, welcome to the party!! :) In all seriousness, I should probably reign it in this next week. . . probably. But before I do I will be finishing the rest of this crumbly yumminess!
     The recipe is quite simple and will not take much time which always scores in my book! Please try this recipe and tell me if you liked it just as much as me and if your crust sinks to the bottom let me know that too. Mine definitely did and I'm not sure why. I tried to read the reviews but came away thinking two things, 1) "phew, there seems to be a group of us who had the same issue (strength in numbers people)" and 2) "wow, I must be an idiot! I must have made some sort of mistake because so many of these people are saying (with gumption I might add) they did EXACTLY what the recipe said and everything turned out perfect!" Well if your crust sinks or it doesn't, know that it's not a big deal because regardless, this cake is still super good! I mean who doesn't love sweet, moist coffee cake with a brown sugar cinnamon crumble on top, it's a classic!


No comments:

Post a Comment